We flash your Lenovo X200 laptop with the latest Libreboot stable or coreboot.
How it works
- Order this product and pay the invoice at your earliest convenience;
- Wait for the "Payment Received" confirmation;
- Please read the notes;
- Remove your HDD/SSD for your own security unless you chose the installation service for a new operating system;
- Remove all accessory: battery, power supply, cables, docking station etc. You even can remove the keyboard and palmrest if you like/can do that;
- Create a note that states the order number and your name and put it between base and lid of your laptop;
- Ship the laptop to:
- Installation Service -
- We flash your laptop with coreboot or Libreboot and ship it back to you - from here on you can flash your laptop internally with software (e.g. with other versions of Libreboot or coreboot).
- If you're unsure if your RAM will work, please order RAM modules from our store, they are available optionally (for the sake of performance consider using 8GB of RAM). If your installed RAM won't work, we'll contact you;
- If you're using the stock wifi card: it won't work without non-free software (or at all depending on the driver/firmware situation); WE DO RECOMMEND!!!111elf!1 to choose the optionally available Wifi card in this case;
make sure the laptop is in a normal clean state, so we won't get
sick when we handle your laptop. Alternatively you can order two different cleaning services from us from the options menu.
Overly dirty laptops will be sent back to you, without working on it and a 15 EUR handling fee applies. This and the shipping fee will be deducted from the refund we'll send in this case. Alternatively you'll be asked to order the cleaning service. If unsure what's considered "dirty", please ask.
- You will receive the laptop in the state of cleanliness you've sent it - we will not clean your laptop, unless we've been asked to do that;
- We don't check if your installed operating system will boot and we won't work on your existing OS unless you've ordered us to do so;
- The box and
packaging materials you send your laptop with should be in the
condition to survive another shipment: we'll re-use the box you've
shipped your laptop with to send it back to you. Please wrap your laptop
carefully! If you don't do that, a 10 EUR fee for a
special (and very sturdy) laptop cardboard box will apply;
- If you include a battery with your laptop by accident (see 5. of "How it works"), we won't be able to send it back to you. We'll charge you with a 5 EUR fee for recycling your battery.
X200s and X200 tablet:
We don't offer the flashing service for these models.
X200 coreboot/Libreboot Installation Service
- Product Code: VKGS-LAP-INST
- Availability: 10