Zerocat Chipflasher v2
Free-design SPI-Programmer, coreboot chip flasher
When it comes to flash a device with coreboot, this programmer is the enthusiast’s choice, as it fits perfectly to the spirit of the free and libre software movement.
With this device, you can replace your laptop's BIOS/UEFI and remove Intel's management engine firmware (Intel ME). Free yourself from potential security risks and regain control over your hardware.
The Zerocat Chipflasher is free-design hardware down to the chip! Its design files have been published under the General Public License version 3 (GPLv3).
How to Operate the Device
This device is operated with a computer that has a serial port available and that is running a GNU/Linux operating system. Alternatively, a USB-to-RS232 Adapter can be used.
Sources and Documentation
All sources and documentation are available on the flasher’s website.
Scope of Delivery
One “Chipflasher v2” Device
- Acrylic glass cover plate with high quality power switch
- PCB 100×80mm, industrial quality, lead-free solder
- P8X32A free-design microcontroller, socketed
Y-USB-Cable for 5VDC Power Supply
- Serial RS232 Cable for data transfer between host and flasher
- SPI Data Cable with connectors for Pomona clip and DIL adapter
- DIL8 Adapter for socketed BIOS chips
- Pomona SOIC16 Clip, Model 5252
- Metal Container for safe packaging with ESD protection
- Product Information
Note: The stock status represents the stock quantity ex manufacturer
- In stock
- 5 Items