Get clear stereo output with the affordable Vikings USB 2.0 USB-A sound card.
Vikings USB Sound Adapter, USB-C - FSF RYF Certified
This device is identical to the USB Sound Adapter, USB-C - FSF RYF Certified, only the USB port is different (this device has USB-C connector as shown in the product picture)
The Vikings USB-C sound card is a simple and highly portable audio solution for your computer.
This sound card comes in especially handy as an additional sound card, e.g. if you would like to use a separate sound card to have different audio settings for VoIP or if do voice conferencing with mumble.
The Free Software Foundation's "Respects Your Freedom" hardware product certification
The Vikings USB sound card fully meets the criteria for the FSF's hardware endorsement program and was certified on 2017-03-03
"The desire to own a computer or device and have full control over it, to know that you are not being spied on or tracked, to run any software you wish without asking permission, and to share with friends without worrying about Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) —these are the desires of millions of people who care about the future of technology and our society.
Unfortunately, hardware manufacturers have until now relied on close cooperation with proprietary software companies that demanded control over their users. As citizens and their customers, we need to promote our desires for a new class of hardware — hardware that anyone can support because it respects your freedom."
- Support for Mic input and Audio output
- USB Audio Class Compliant
- Compatible with all GNU/Linux distributions (as of Linux 2.6.27 from Oct 2008)
- No binary blobs or proprietary drivers-firmware necessary to operate the device
- Chipset: C-Media CM119
- Compliant with USB 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mbps) Specification
- Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
- Compliant with USB HID Class Specification 1.1
- USB bus-powered mode, no external power required
- Connectors: USB Type-C, Stereo output jack, Mono microphone-input jack
- FCC and CE approval
NOTE: Product images shown are representative of the product being sold, but may vary slightly from the product as shipped due to continuous improvement and related changes.
- In stock
- 1 Item