The text below is a verbose supplement to our cancellation policy.
Please note that this information does not replace our cancellation policy, it serves to make the those terms more understandable for our diverse, international customer base.
Right of cancellation or Can I request a return and refund because I don’t like the item any more?
Rules for end customers with an European Economic Area (EEA) shipping address
- You can return items up to 14 days after receipt. Provided that you handle the goods with care and do not use them as if they were your property.
- Please indicate your intent to return via email to store (at) vikings (single dot) net, alternatively via snail mail (please mention your email address in the letter), you will then receive instructions via email where to send the return. You may not send the item(s) back before contacting us.
- Please make sure for sufficient shipping insurance according to the item value (the price you paid).
Alternatively we can arrange pick-up of the item against prepayment of the shipping fees.
- You bear the costs for the return (including packaging and appropriate insurance of the shipment).
- Upon arrival and checking the returned items we will send the refund to your bank account.
The EEA consists of the 27 European Union (EU) + 3 countries that have signed the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) agreement: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The consumer's right of withdrawal also applies to goods manufactured according to customer specifications, e.g. for a laptop or a workstation which was configured with the help of our configurator with the components available.
Right of withdrawal is only excluded or subject to a re-stocking fee if Vikings would suffer a substantial economic disadvantage by the retraction of the commodity which results from the production after customer specification. This is also the case for goods that have been specifically procured for the customer which can no longer be sold elsewhere or only at a high loss. Items for which the right of withdrawal is not possible will be marked accordingly during the purchase process.
Rules for end customers with a shipping address outside the EEA
Due to comparably high costs for the reversal of purchases outside the EU (customs, shipping, insurance), a legal claim to the 14-day right of withdrawal is excluded. We may be willing to make an exception on a case by case basis. In these cases a restocking fee may apply depending on the circumstances.
Rules for business customers, world-wide
A legal claim to the 14-day right of withdrawal is excluded. We may be willing to make an exception on a case by case basis. In these cases a restocking fee may apply depending on the circumstances.